The "I dont mind where I go" Regiment Application thread.

Join one of the Regiments of Renown!

The "I dont mind where I go" Regiment Application thread.

Postby Mythinite on Sun Sep 28, 2008 10:51 pm

Make yourself available for recruitment by posting in this thread!

Make a reply with your character name, class and rank and we will find a suitable regiment for you.

If you wish to join a specific regiment please contact the regiment leader or warbringer, or post in the appropriate sub-forum. Regiment descriptions can be found here.

To help keep things orderly this thread will be cleaned up every once in a while, which is why some posts may seem out of place. Don't worry too much about it, you are not going crazy, much.
Mythinite
Admin Crew

Re: Regiment Application Thread

Postby IceFury on Tue Sep 30, 2008 9:12 am

Basically, he said that, since you were most interested in the RolePlay side of the game, you should join the "Seekers of the 5th" as we're a regiment less focused on RvR.. at least that was really true before they all changed their keyword since yesterday, sneaky rats! :chy:

As a reminder, here's the different Keywords for the regiments, you can make your mind upon reading this :

Keywords of the Seekers:
Exploration, Achievements, Conversation, RvR

Keywords of the Origin:
PvE, Achievements, RvR.

Keywords of the Talon:
RvR, Strategy, Tactics, Green, Chatty, Casual RP, Good Times!

Keywords of the Hand:
RvR, RP, Evil!
Nashgrog - Da' Toughest Black Orc

Reality is for those who lack imagination.

Corebear - I pick flowers, but only to drop on graves.
IceFury
TSS Member

Seeker of the 5th vs Hand of the Murder God

Postby IceFury on Tue Sep 30, 2008 10:09 am

What I could suggest is have a chat with their two leaders - Orakio/Kralor for the Seekers of the 5th and Proto/Keyla for the Hand of the Murder God - to get some information to decide which one would be best suited for you.

I'd like to point out that the hand already got a Disciple of Khaine (Mazikeen, their Warbringer).. Not that they can't have 2..
But if you just can't decide between the two, that could maybe tilt the balance toward the Seekers of the 5th? Weirdly enough, out of the 3 healer classes, we just happen to miss only a Disciple of Khaine.. :o_awe:

Edit: It seems my post was misleading, so I added Bold status to the fact that the Balance was some kind of Last Resort IF there was no other element of choice that could help decide a side.
Nashgrog - Da' Toughest Black Orc

Reality is for those who lack imagination.

Corebear - I pick flowers, but only to drop on graves.
IceFury
TSS Member

Postby Proto on Tue Sep 30, 2008 10:27 am

I think we should worry about class-balancing the regiments once the people that specify a preference outside of any balancing issues have chosen and use the people that really dont mind to acquire this balance.

From an RP perspective, to my mind it's perfectly natural that more dark elf characters would want to serve in a regiment named after their god, just as I would expect more greenskins to naturally gravitate towards the Talons etc. Saying that, the Hand will gladly accept anyone who likes the sound of our introduction of course!

Numbers-balancing, for me, is more important right now than class-balancing within a regiment as we have enough players to make sure that every regiment can cover the three archetypes. Making sure one or two regiments dont hog everyone is more important, imho.

First and foremost, people should automatically be allowed to join whichever regiment they wish to, outside of any other influencing factors, then we fill gaps and make up shortfalls with people who really dont mind. I know I'd not feel too great if I was steered towards a regiment that wasn't my first choice just because they lacked someone from my class.
Proto
PA Layabout
and General Slacker®

Currently playing as:
RIFT
Duram - Destiny - Blightweald EU Defiant
Myrmidia - Tranquility - Blightweald EU Defiant
Cerridwen - Tranquility - Blightweald EU Defiant
Qi - Blightweald EU Defiant
Starcraft 2 - Proto#166
------------------------------------------
Whois Proto?
Proto
Admin

Postby Orakio on Tue Sep 30, 2008 11:46 am

Nah, I just need at least one decent/experienced RP'er from every race to fulfill one of the 4 or 5 plotlines spooking through the mind right now. Braca's the Green-themed one, I hope Origin will turn out a chaos-biased regiment and the had to be a Dark elf-minded regiment, with the Seekers a balanced mix.
Soooo.... 2 elves please (as I have none at the time).

Balancing isn't really an issue. We have Yen, who's healing archetype, I'm a DPS-specced shaman, we have no less than 3 tanks. So thinks will work out in that area.

Anyway, enough variations to the stories, as nothing's set in stone right now :wink:
--------------------------------------
Orakio:
Player Association manager
Professional flock-gatherer

Tuorn Inganar-SWG - waiting for a new SW MMO
Argis La'Shiek-WoW - Murdered
ArgoSeraph-WoW - at peace
Darox - Lost every now and then in Telon

Playing: \o/ Dragonica! \o/ - Fenir beta server - Radon - Overpowered magician

Orakio
Admin

Re:

Postby Chi on Fri Oct 03, 2008 7:30 am

I do not get these part about balancing classes in the regiment. If we just following the basic principe of most would follow the regiment that alter most to their race specific god, then it would be sort of the same just to split all up into three boxes, based on their race.

However, my next concern is more. Are people really ought to stick to their regiment then we are all gathered in the battle field. I can understand some regiment are focused on specific parts, but if being sticky to that you divide people up into smaller groups and remove the internatinal communication within all. And it will end up being more or less intern with those from their regiment, as they will always(?) be teamed up in events. Which is worst case can makes others feel left out.
Or if some just wish to have another role for an RvR event, but will not feel welcome in the desired team for the case.

I'm a PvP/RP based person. I have my principes in games which usually are odd for most others, or goss to the edges that tend never to be possible to realise. Then it's said. I -hate- to bind myself to anything in a game, be it a guild, alliance, clan etc. I have my views on things and tactics or my thoughts of how to improve performance, and like to share them, or just talking about it for the matter to learn from others to get a better insight and knowledge.

So then it's said. I yet have to desire to sign up for either of the regiments, most I would vote for a 5th one. A regiment in chaos that follow their own pathway. Join those they owe a deed, get payed, wish to aid of free will, or what the cause may be(the other regiments that is). Bound to none, roams around and follow their own will and belief.
Chi
TSS Newbie

Re: Re:

Postby Orakio on Fri Oct 03, 2008 8:15 am

Chi wrote:I do not get these part about balancing classes in the regiment. If we just following the basic principe of most would follow the regiment that alter most to their race specific god, then it would be sort of the same just to split all up into three boxes, based on their race.

However, my next concern is more. Are people really ought to stick to their regiment then we are all gathered in the battle field. I can understand some regiment are focused on specific parts, but if being sticky to that you divide people up into smaller groups and remove the internatinal communication within all. And it will end up being more or less intern with those from their regiment, as they will always(?) be teamed up in events. Which is worst case can makes others feel left out.
Or if some just wish to have another role for an RvR event, but will not feel welcome in the desired team for the case.

I'm a PvP/RP based person. I have my principes in games which usually are odd for most others, or goss to the edges that tend never to be possible to realise. Then it's said. I -hate- to bind myself to anything in a game, be it a guild, alliance, clan etc. I have my views on things and tactics or my thoughts of how to improve performance, and like to share them, or just talking about it for the matter to learn from others to get a better insight and knowledge.

So then it's said. I yet have to desire to sign up for either of the regiments, most I would vote for a 5th one. A regiment in chaos that follow their own pathway. Join those they owe a deed, get payed, wish to aid of free will, or what the cause may be(the other regiments that is). Bound to none, roams around and follow their own will and belief.

We've more or less learned from our mistakes in WoW. Don't forget we've been through all of this before in there.
I do believe we have a better, more stable chapter system than we had in there, and one that has meaning, bothin RP as in RvR. besides, as long as we are not capped in T4, the regiments will mostly stay a RP thing, more than it is a tool for better combat.
As for dividing communication, I see a vivid guildchat with friendly comments, a feisty dosage of all kinds of humour, and a group of people that are slowly but certainly becoming friends. (at least, those newcomers to TSS, as a good lot already were friends before the game began.)
Don't worry, things will work out :wink:

As for an own choice, you're free to do whatever you want, but personally I think you'd do very well in Kallor's team. The hours both of you already spent talking about stats and abilities does imply some likemindedness about the game :D
--------------------------------------
Orakio:
Player Association manager
Professional flock-gatherer

Tuorn Inganar-SWG - waiting for a new SW MMO
Argis La'Shiek-WoW - Murdered
ArgoSeraph-WoW - at peace
Darox - Lost every now and then in Telon

Playing: \o/ Dragonica! \o/ - Fenir beta server - Radon - Overpowered magician

Orakio
Admin

Postby Proto on Fri Oct 03, 2008 11:02 am

Chi wrote: Then it's said. I -hate- to bind myself to anything in a game, be it a guild, alliance, clan etc.

:shock:
Proto
PA Layabout
and General Slacker®

Currently playing as:
RIFT
Starcraft 2 - Proto#166
Whois Proto?
Proto
Admin

Postby Chi on Fri Oct 03, 2008 2:28 pm

Proto wrote: :shock:

I really suggest you visit the nearby doctor, those kind of eyes cannot be healthy :wink:

What I mean is, I am not a "jumper". Once I join a part, I stay until the end, unless I disagree very heavy with something. or in case merges or disparts happens. So I usually think twice if not ten times, to ensure it is the right choice for me.

Also that I have a belief of that all should be equal and threaten equal in a game, and not jurged by a tag next to the name. Or left out of an event or community due for wearing a special tag. Or for the matter, not wanted or allowed to join an event due for the tag, even though you might be needed or is just present.

To give an rough example I had during playing WoW, I had been guildless for several weeks if not months since the start of the server. I had some odd belief in cross-faction role-playing and was often found in the enemy's capital cities. After long time of "begging" and requests from a guild I had many friends in, I finally joined them. What happen next was. I got utterly chain raped/killed by the opposite faction, many of them barly ever touched me, if not at all. But then I suddely had the tag benarth my name it changed everything.
Chi
TSS Newbie

Re: The "I dont mind where I go" Regiment Application thread.

Postby Mythinite on Fri Oct 10, 2008 12:02 am

Erdom, Gaahl and Cirris have all found a regiment.
--> Insert something phunny here <--
Mythinite
Admin Crew

Postby Proto on Fri Oct 10, 2008 12:57 am

Mythinite wrote:Erdom, Gaahl and Cirris have all found a regiment.

\o/

and Cirris even found the BEST regiment :wink:
Proto
PA Layabout
and General Slacker®

Currently playing as:
RIFT
Starcraft 2 - Proto#166
Whois Proto?
Proto
Admin

Postby single on Thu Oct 16, 2008 7:17 am

Single at the moment lvl 13 shaman (healer)

I'm not a true role player so i would prefer a regiment who doesn't focus on the role playing element.

I enjoy RVR alot but it is not always easy for me to subscribe to planned events due to job/real life.

When i can i will be the first one to yell WAAAAAAAAH though !
single
TSS Newbie

Postby Mythinite on Sat Oct 18, 2008 4:28 pm

Nanelsath has joined a regiment.

Chi is on the fence and Single is, well, up for grabs. ;)
--> Insert something phunny here <--
Mythinite
Admin Crew

Postby Ragnarok on Fri Feb 27, 2009 11:05 am

Hi guys!
I'll like to join a regiment... bout time i got around to it :)

Char name: Ragnarok
Profession: Chosen
Level: 32

Feel free to assign me to any of the regiments.
Ragnarok
TSS Newbie

Return to Regiments