It is currently Tue Feb 20, 2018 12:53 am

All times are UTC [ DST ]

Post subject: Hello old guildies )
PostPosted: Mon Jan 03, 2011 7:25 pm 
TSS Newbie
 E-mail  Profile

hey all ! :D

Happy new year for starters !

As some of you might remember, me and my wife Thorsca played quite some time in TSS.
I hope you are all well and having lots of fun.
I was wondering how the game has evolved.

I have some questions:

1 Are you still on Halgar?
2 How is the population ?
3 Are there any low(-er) level quests/dungeons being done still ?
And/or is there still a reasonably sized community of low- to midlevel characters playing ?
4 If i would decide to come back, is the game still enjoyable for low levels ?
(i still have a 50 Disc, but i might consider leveling a new char up to get into it all or maybe play her and start kicking a bit with you :)

Hope to hear from you (all) soon,

Take Care

Post subject: Re: Hello old guildies )
PostPosted: Tue Jan 04, 2011 8:45 pm 
Admin Crew

Hey it great to hear from you both :)

Hope you don't mind me popping your post here, but more folks will find it.

We have a small presence on Halgar and numerous ex TSS scattered across other guilds.

Jehlicka has active chars on Halgar and Telon which is the newish merged US server.

I have moved on after 3.5 solid years of VG, will be popping my arrows in Rift.

PostPosted: Tue Jan 04, 2011 8:57 pm 
TSS Newbie
 E-mail  Profile

hello Aen !

Good to hear from you too i must say :) Sad to hear you rested your bow and arrows though .....:( Was really hoping the core would still exist somehow.
If i were to start again, what would you recommend , Halgar or Telon ? is there a guild somewhere still running low level quests ?

Hope other people can give info as well.

Take care and when rift comes out, i am sure i will play it and hopefully we bump into each other again

PostPosted: Thu Jan 13, 2011 3:48 pm 
TSS Member
 E-mail  Profile

Hi mate!
Now I am "father" of TSS :roll: Aen was so kind and handed over this golden chest to me :roll: :lol:
Not much of us there (I mean active ones), but for sentimental reason I still keep my main char there and with me also some friends from Prague. From time to time some returner appears, but usually he leaves to Telon or leaves forever :(
In Halgar I have active friends in the Guild named Lonely Wolf, pretty nice grp of fine ppl there now. I do recommend to join it, my alt Swihaak is there as well. Also raid team is still active in Halgar, now it is Thu and Sun raid days, but it may changed, I have been not raiding +- last month. LW guild is raiding together with BoX, HoF and some German guilds. All are oldies goldies players, so no trouble and always fun! :wink: But as transfer contunues, some guild are gone and raid team changes.
Truth is, I do also play in Telon nowadays. The reason is simple - Halgar is about old friendship, Telon is about huge community, new friends (or vice versa finding old friends after lomg time) and functional market. You must decide, what you look for, mate...also I have such a feeling that Telon population is stil increasing, which is fine. Always hundreds ppl there logged. In Halgar? Iust tens :cry:

Hope to see you soon in VG mate!

Tak ecare

Jehlicka

PostPosted: Wed Feb 09, 2011 1:30 am 
TSS Member
 E-mail  YIM  Profile

hello there kind gentlemen I came back to Vangard to spend time with one of the best guilds i have ever been in. Me and my girlfriend talk about this guild and server all the time. So when i decide to come over to enjoy good times with the guild i am sad to see no one is around. I miss the big giant guild meetings we had with all the members in the finest threads. It was good times. Well boss myself and my gf will also be playing Rift we were in the beta over this past weekend. Let us know what server you are on and hopefully you will start a guild as fine as the one you had here and we will sure be happy to be apart of that family as well.

PostPosted: Wed Feb 09, 2011 8:36 am 
TSS Newbie
 E-mail  Profile

Hello Ankeele,

After reading up on every website i could find, I decided to move my charaters to the Telon server ; I haven't regretted it for a moment !
Telon is a busy server, far more so even then Halgar in its prime time was. Many people are online most of the time and I got to do TK, CiS etc which I never found the people for on Halgar. I found a nice, friendly guild called Unity where there are always 10-30 players online doing a variety of things, be it Raiding (which they do a lot of !) Vt,TK, crafting, etc etc. The Broker has around 15 times as many items on it then the European server has.
If you and your wife are still interested in playing a great game with the same feelings you had back then, petition a transferr of your characters to Telon, I promise you won't regret it.

About the hype around RIFT....I can't understand that anyone who loved Vanguard for what it is (or was) is even REMOTELY interested in Rift at all. I have played MMORPG online for over 15 years, I have played a lot of different mmorpg's and tested a lot more....RIFT is NOT that good at all. It is a mix between WoW and WAR and isn't as good as either. It has absolutely not the same level of majurity, gameplay and finesse Vanguard still has today. It is a game that is overly hyped and targetted towards the masses. I have been in 2 Beta's sofar and it is a game made for the same people playing WoW still today. I feel it would be a great shame when people, just like yourself and Aenedor etc would leave Vanguard for RIFT, or if you are tired of Vanguard: play it at all. Thats my two cents, critisize me all you want :)

I am glad Beta's excists....saves me 40$ for the game.

Virinia
Aronna
Kriknix
Ambon

PostPosted: Fri Feb 11, 2011 9:02 pm 
Admin Crew

Virinai wrote:
About the hype around RIFT....I can't understand that anyone who loved Vanguard for what it is (or was) is even REMOTELY interested in Rift at all. I have played MMORPG online for over 15 years, I have played a lot of different mmorpg's and tested a lot more....RIFT is NOT that good at all. It is a mix between WoW and WAR and isn't as good as either. It has absolutely not the same level of majurity, gameplay and finesse Vanguard still has today. It is a game that is overly hyped and targetted towards the masses. I have been in 2 Beta's sofar and it is a game made for the same people playing WoW still today. I feel it would be a great shame when people, just like yourself and Aenedor etc would leave Vanguard for RIFT, or if you are tired of Vanguard: play it at all. Thats my two cents, critisize me all you want :)

I am glad Beta's excists....saves me 40$ for the game.

For the record I agree that the invasion of 'fans of a certain other MMO' into global chat can be very disconcerting.

I think I was lucky in that I got into the first three betas (even though I had no VIP key) so I had the chance to understand and enjoy Rift before global chat degenerated.

Long may you walk the pathways of Telon, Virinai :)

/wave Ankeele

We will be there in Rift also :) check back often to the thread here for details of server etc. viewtopic.php?f=31&t=5733

PostPosted: Sun Feb 13, 2011 7:08 pm 
RIFT Officer
 E-mail  WWW  Profile

...glad to hear the Vanguard is not dead yet. I loved that game. But to be honest I loved it becouse of the guild I was in the last year I was playing. That is what mainly makes the game enjoyable for me :)
I am going to play RIFT now, as I know if I will return to VG - it will not be the same anymore.
I hope to see more of you, guildies, there :o_cheese: