Monologues!

Articles, fan-fic, videos and other assorted creativity by our members.

Monologues!

Postby Jin on Thu Aug 10, 2006 10:46 pm

Well, since none of the RP things here interest me...(:o)...here's my terrible idea of a RP topic.

It's not entirely serious, it might be...but who knows?

Anyway, the aim of this one is to interact with everyone else by using monologues in a film noir style and nothing else.

I might contribute later, but I'm leaving this open for now.
Jin
TSS Member

Postby suzziq on Fri Aug 11, 2006 12:04 am

hmmmmmmm - please explain a bit further.....
I am ready to meet my maker, whether my maker is prepared to meet me is another matter.
suzziq

Location: Suzyworld - where the men are men and dont pinch the lipstick

Postby Jin on Fri Aug 11, 2006 5:18 pm

I'll try to give you an example when I think of a good one. *cough*
Jin
TSS Member

Postby Orakio on Thu Aug 17, 2006 12:29 am

well? 8)
--------------------------------------
Orakio:
Player Association manager
Professional flock-gatherer

Tuorn Inganar-SWG - waiting for a new SW MMO
Argis La'Shiek-WoW - Murdered
ArgoSeraph-WoW - at peace
Darox - Lost every now and then in Telon

Playing: \o/ Dragonica! \o/ - Fenir beta server - Radon - Overpowered magician

Orakio
Admin

Postby Jin on Fri Aug 18, 2006 1:39 am

Still...thinking...!

As I typed those words I realised something; This wasn't exactly going according to plan. Not only did I not know how to monologue well, but I also haven't seen many film noir style films either. The guilt just begins to sink in. It is obvious that what I'm trying to achieve is a waste of time, but then again, it's not as if I have anything better to do either. While typing this random, pointless post, a thought pops into my mind. I stare at everyone who posted here. I'm rambling and they know it. I see it in their eyes. I slowly hang my head in shame, with a sense disappointment in myself, as I slowly make my way to the exit.

Strangely enough, while walking, I hear the booming of thunder which persuades me that if I do leave, I risk the chance of being attacked by an angry god. I decide to live for another day. I decide to stay.

I walk up to the bartender with a weary look in my eyes. I stare at him for a while and he stares back. I have no idea where he came from and I don't think he does either. Absurd as it may seem, he just spontaneously appeared out of nowhere. I think for a while and ask myself why there would be a bar in a forum. I decide not to think about it too much. I hear the thunder again. I wait for it's echoes to stop before speaking.

"<Insert generic bartender name here>, give me the usual."

( Alright...Here's how to do this. Do practically everything in present tense. Speak as if you're talking to yourself about what you're doing/feeling/etc...PowerRPing is allowed since...this can't be serious...This was only a terrible example...but hopefully it gave you the general idea. You can continue from this if you want, or start it yourself...and yes, monologues are longer than they have to be. If they weren't, they wouldn't be monologues! )
Jin
TSS Member

Postby velkairiwyth on Fri Aug 18, 2006 10:52 am

As I read invidians post, I think to myself, that it is ingenious how he can incorporate the stylings into his response and example. It does occur to me however, that were a group of gamers... I could only think one thing... Max Payne... The perfect example of film noir stylings.
Siggy Wiggy Woo.
velkairiwyth

Postby suzziq on Fri Aug 18, 2006 11:12 am

Of all the Gin joints in all the town - he had to walk into mine......

She was a stunning blonde with legs that went on forever - but I had no time to appreciate them - Rico was on the loose and I had to find him, before she did....
I am ready to meet my maker, whether my maker is prepared to meet me is another matter.
suzziq

Location: Suzyworld - where the men are men and dont pinch the lipstick

Postby Orakio on Fri Aug 18, 2006 11:47 am

*clears throat*

There were many people in the bar tonight... Not near enough to fill all the seats, but too many to be comfortable. The bartender seemed the most active of anyone coming in. Not much is being said. The man that entered a few minutes ago seems to frequent this establishment a fair few times, as he asked the bartender for his usual. Strangely however, he wanted to leave as he entered, then turned around again as if someone didn't want him to leave. People are minding their own business, and if it wouldn't be for the smell of sweat and fear, this would be a good place to reside in. My mask protects me of anyone spotting me, but I will need a lot more tonight.
Everyone in this bar knew that tonight, we weren't all going to leave this place Alive.
--------------------------------------
Orakio:
Player Association manager
Professional flock-gatherer

Tuorn Inganar-SWG - waiting for a new SW MMO
Argis La'Shiek-WoW - Murdered
ArgoSeraph-WoW - at peace
Darox - Lost every now and then in Telon

Playing: \o/ Dragonica! \o/ - Fenir beta server - Radon - Overpowered magician

Orakio
Admin

Return to Members contributions