The Second Sun

an MMORPG Player Association
It is currently Mon Feb 19, 2018 2:37 pm

All times are UTC [ DST ]

Post subject: My time here is done.
PostPosted: Fri May 29, 2009 4:19 am 
TSS Newbie

As will have no doubt been made obvious, I am no longer a member of Children of Twilight on my raiding characters, Cryoblast and Kundara.

I have taken the decision to leave, hard though it was, because I no longer feel that I have a place in CoT, or a role to play.

I'm not just a raiding member, or a casual player, but a Founding Officer and Raid Leader of the guild.

Those are jobs and responsibilities that you can never truly stand down from, especially given how high profile I was prior to being disconnected for 3 weeks recently.

As I knew in advance that I would be without internet for so long (was moving house) , I stood aside from my duties, to leave room for someone who was going to be online and available, and indicated that, should I be needed when I got back online, I would be ready to do the job I had always done.

When I got back, I could see that, although we had a couple more folks promoted to leadership roles, there was still a job for me to do, and a role for me to play within the guild.

However, unneccasary decisions got delayed (as a founding officer, we'd long accepted that we could take a break if needs be and return without grief) which eroded my powerbase within the guild, as I couldn't properly execute my duties as expected or required, which in turn reduced how effective i could be in doing my job.

No one was willing to make the easy call, so i made the hard one, and that is, as they say, that.

My previous excursions at Raid Leading had been, overall, successful. I lead groups that killed more bosses than we left alive. Yet despite this, my authority over my raid group, and the authority of certain other officers also raid leading at the same time and along side me, was constantly being undercut by other officers, who were not, in most cases, even present at the raids we were leading. This left me with no desire to Raid Lead anymore, as whats the point, when you have no real authority to guide your group through a raid, despite your assigned role for the evening.

Officer Meetings. You'd actually have to become an officer, or be allowed to sit in on one of these things, to understand just how insane they can be. Insanity I can handle, and in fairness, I was the root for alot of it, but it came to a point where I could no longer be effective. It came to the point where I could offer nothing that anyone found useful. If i suggest going right, it's to extreme, go left, and i'm being too soft, and if i suggested the middle path, it was just plain wrong. No idea I had in my last month with the guild got noticed, and almost all were dismissed for one reason or another. It may have been bad ideas, or they could've been great ideas, we'll never know. The simple fact is, no one was really interested in what I was trying to bring to the table, so there was no point in trying to bring in anymore.

The bitching and in fighting. Too much of it, sick of it, doesn't ever look like it's going to stop. FIX IT, or pay the price, again.

We set out to make a successful social raiding guild, and to some degree, we did.

For that, I will always be proud.

But in the last few months I've seen this guild decline into a fighting rabble of raiders who only get along when it's "raid time", sometimes, not even then.

It came time for me to find a new way within the game for me to go back to enjoying my time raiding, which, let's face it, is the most time consuming singular activity within the game, out with grinding useless mobs for faction rep etc.

So, depending on the remaining officers, and at thier own descretion, I will leave a lvl 80 character in the guild for social reasons, my hunter, Klansman.

I may even sign for the occasional raid, if it looks like it could be fun. (unlikely to ever get picked though, as I had to neglect my hunter in favour of a character more "useful" to CoT guild progression for so long, so my gear kind of sucks)

Happy Hunting

Klansman out.

Profile E-mail  

Post subject: Re: My time here is done.
PostPosted: Fri May 29, 2009 4:26 pm 
TSS Newbie

it hurts to see you leave m8 hope to see you still in game, and if you need a tankyspanky give me a wisper ok.

SEE YOU IN GAME

Profile E-mail  

PostPosted: Fri May 29, 2009 6:46 pm 
TSS Newbie

Just so it's clear -

My move away from CoT is for Raiding purposes only.

I'm always avilable for those that know me, and my hunter remains within CoT.

Vind, always availble if you likewise need a healer :D

See you all ingame.

Happy Hunting

Profile E-mail  

PostPosted: Sat May 30, 2009 9:23 am 

Sorry to see you leave m8, youre a great player and 1 of the best readleaders ive ever seen.

cya ingame,

Kinsley

Profile E-mail  

PostPosted: Mon Jun 01, 2009 10:56 am 

As everyone else has posted, the same applies to me.... I'm also sorry to see you go. I hope that things work out for you and you'll still be around on Klansman and on TS from time to time. If you're ever at a loose end and want to do some instances, level alts, or generally cause chaos with the hordies - gimme a shout! :D

Self confessed forum spammer, fail dps and nubcake tank :D

Profile E-mail  

PostPosted: Thu Jun 04, 2009 8:14 am 

Klansman,

Maybe one day you will come back. Who know it. As I know from my own experience it is too hard to leave this guild. :-)

See you in game,

Morsik

Profile E-mail