Paranoia IS healthy (updated 2009-05-04)

Post anything, about anything here!

Paranoia IS healthy (updated 2009-05-04)

Postby Wighar on Tue Apr 07, 2009 9:00 pm

Well that is what they say about the internet, a bit of paranoia is healthy.
I myself do indeed have paranoia at least one of my latest 4 psychiatrists said i seem to have it.

And as most of you know i see you all as my online family in a way so of course i wish to protect you as well.

So i thought why not fix a thread where I or maybe one of you can post of good Online Security Privacy software or services, I will be looking up old threads i made upon web safety and such and link to them herein.

To start of I will list a IM Agent i use now instead of MSN and ICQ with support for more.
Pidgin IM, it's rather nice and flexible, it has a couple of third party plugins which works great like the FaceBook IM plugin, Twitter Plugin and the one i am listing this one for Pidgin-Encryption which enables you to toggle encryption on the chat messages between Pidgin Clients over the IM networks (ie. MSN, ICQ/AOL)

Do you play games that you know work over the network but for some reason dosent work online? or maybe you used a NO-CD/DVD Crack on it to speed the game up by eliminating the load from the CD/DVD cause you want to listen to a Music CD during game play or whatever reason or you want to share files with a friend or family member that didn't make it to the LAN Party for some reason.

The following program helps you create a VPN (Virtual Private Network) which now even though the person isnt with you at the Party can still join in over the VPN just as if they were there with you.

Hamachi VPN is one such sollution which i use myself and I have a Network setup called "The Second Sun" allready if you feel like joining up. A network can be encrypted or Unencrypted, thats up to the network founder and assigned admins of that channel, at default the client is set to not allow access to microsoft vulnerable services which is ticked in, to allow access to shared files this must be unticked for both parties who share files between one another (and that has exchanged encryption keys if encryption is on in the channel, "The Second Sun" is this by default) but all else its a nice system and it helps when playing old games. (note to Vista users some Abandonware games that uses IPX network play wont work, or at least not that i know of) Hamachi VPN is compatible with DosBox, this i know cause i have tried :) playing over TCP/IP (TCP-DirectPlay)

Encrypted FTP
Based on the RFC 959 standard of FTP, it incorporates RSA encryption and Blowfish encryption to achieve fast and secure transfers of data over any TCP/IP network, including The Internet.
Encrypted FTP (EFTP), its installer pack includes both Server and Client so you can set up a encrypted server and decide the encryption key size and more. even thought the software was last updated 2006 it should still be sufficent if you wish to hide your transfer data from hackers or other parties illegaly checking your transfers to and from computers.

More will be listed, Have something to add to the general list?, do tell :D
You can visit My Website and My Blog by these links.
Wighar
Admin

Re: Paranoia is healthy

- Good Links -

Need/Want some E-Mail privacy?, InstantSSL.com (COMODO) Free email certification may be for you
http://www.instantssl.com/ssl-certificate-products/free-email-certificate.html
wighar's comment: "I use it myself, it was very easy to install into most mail-agent and I can now sign and encrypt my emails totaly free!"
Wighar
Admin

Re: Paranoia is healthy

- Reserved for future assistance guidance-
Wighar
Admin

Re: Paranoia IS healthy (updated 2009-05-04)

Postby Wighar on Mon May 04, 2009 3:42 pm

added link to a Free Secure Email Certificate that toke me less then 30 seconds to sign up for and no un-needed personal information had to be exchanged :D

Digital Signature and 4096-bit encryption ^_^ now that is SAFE mailing.
Wighar
Admin

Return to The G.A.T