[Security and Privacy] E-Mails

Post anything, about anything here!

[Security and Privacy] E-Mails

Postby Wighar on Wed Jul 08, 2009 4:53 pm

Code: Select all
Your internet access is going to get suspended

We are aware of your illegal activities on the internet wich were originating from You can check the report of your activities in the past 6 month that we have.

[i](website address that was here  has been removed for safety)[/i]

We strongly advise you to stop your activities regarding the illegal downloading of copyrighted material of your internet access will be suspended.

Sincerely
ICS Monitoring Team

This is the dumbest mail i ever encountered in my mailbox.

now many these days know about these kind of mail being unsolicited email from a spamer trying to fool you into going to the address, As most of our members know i HATE spam with a passion at times, this one meerly made me laugh.

Now the mail is simply signed "ICS Monitoring Team" thus lacking address, country and telephone number in what we can call the signature.
also the mail is by all means fake as there are no information provided int he mail that would support such activity as they claim in this mail.
as i sit here writing i recive the same mail from a 2nd address, this time traced back to finland, knowing better i check the website mentioned in the mails DNS Records.

the DNS records says that the site was uploaded meer 4-5 hours ago, and that it was uploaded by someone in China :), also a website displaying thumbnail images has the site scaned and its a online pharmacy site...
:omg: All together now "From China! :shock:" okey so it is pretty common that most of all spam according to some sources come in majority from China, Russia and the US :o_shock: but what can you do.

answer for now is simple: Paranoia is your friend, Never trust fully the URL / Links you recive in a mail as well as images.
PS: the mail to and from identifiers in a mail can be hoaxed so even mail from a friend can be a potential threat.

Do you have any tips on how to protect your inbox or other instances of communication?
Post away sharing information is one of the corner stones of the Internet, no matter what some lobbyist wants you to belive.
You can visit My Website and My Blog by these links.
Wighar
Admin

Return to The G.A.T