Sad Sad News -RIP Rashy, you will be missed

Post anything, about anything here!

Sad Sad News -RIP Rashy, you will be missed

Postby Conros on Tue Apr 20, 2010 5:18 pm

Dear TSS

And of course all the administrators etc. I come today with such sad news and I know a lot of you will feel as bad.. I got news this morning that Rashy (Steve Crook) Commited Suicide In October, I spoke to him just before and he was talking of it then, I asked him to come to us for a weekend but he would not..... I am so gutted. As once we were all friends and all pretty close, and placing differences aside, I think you all would have wanted to know. He spoke to myself and Shad until the early hours, and we truly thaught he was fine, but he was not. He was due to move house and we have tried and tried to contact him to no avail, thinking the move had disrupted it all and he was not able to get online, although I coudl find no reason why he did not phone, I now know.

Sorry to be the bearer of such awful news.

Newspaper Clipping : http://www.chelmsfordweeklynews.co.uk/n ... d_suicide/

AN ACCOUNTANT committed suicide by hanging himself, an inquest heard.

Stephen Crook, 37, of Madeline Place, Chelmsford, had arranged for his landlady to visit. However, when she arrived, she found a note telling her not to go upstairs.

She phoned the police, who arrived and found Mr Crook hanging from a loft hatch.

The police also discovered a number of notes and letters at his home, including one entitled Suicide Letter.

Toxicology investigations found Mr Crook had no alcohol or drugs in his system when he died on October 10, 2009.

On Friday, coroner Eleanor McGann said: “The letters and notes make it very clear he intended to take his own life.

“He had obviously planned it for some while and did everything he possibly could to minimise the distress to everyone he left.”
Conros
TSS Member

Re: Sad Sad News -RIP Rashy, you will be missed

Postby Orakio on Tue Apr 20, 2010 6:57 pm

I am shocked and gutted. You did say that you didn't get him to respond back then, and I tried mails and texts and couldn't reach him either, but gave no further thoughts towards it.

Rashy was a member of most guilds this PA ever hosted. He was a jolly figure who brought a lot of enthusiasm and spirit to chats, quests and forums alike.
Not only that, but on both occasions of the guild meet in Antwerp and Amsterdam he was a kind and fun person to hang out with, keen on discussion and always willing to help out others.

A PA guild will never be the same again. Steve will be carried in my heart, as I'm sure with many others, and I will think back fondly of the good times and memories he left us. He will live on in our guilds and all of us for times to come.

Rest in Peace, Rashannus. You were a good friend, and they are hard to come by.
--------------------------------------
Orakio:
Player Association manager
Professional flock-gatherer

Tuorn Inganar-SWG - waiting for a new SW MMO
Argis La'Shiek-WoW - Murdered
ArgoSeraph-WoW - at peace
Darox - Lost every now and then in Telon

Playing: \o/ Dragonica! \o/ - Fenir beta server - Radon - Overpowered magician

Orakio
Admin

Postby velkairiwyth on Tue Apr 20, 2010 7:24 pm

:( Bad news indeed... We have not had contact with Steve/Rashy in sometime, dont know what to say really :( Shall be missed!
Siggy Wiggy Woo.
velkairiwyth

Postby Wildie on Tue Apr 20, 2010 11:09 pm

I know few of you will remember me or know who I am, but I once had the great pleasure of knowing Steve.

No words are enough, nothing can be said to make it less real. The memory of Steve will always be with me, and for that I am grateful.
He was indeed a good friend, one I will never forget.

Let this be a tribute to Steve, who many of us first came to know through World of Warcraft.

We will see you again Steve.

Love,
Ann-Louise aka Wildheart
Kelentari - WAR - KIA.
Lirai Wildheart - WoW - KIA.
Kelaya Ladimore - WoW - KIA.
Shreel the Wild (dragon) - Horizons - MIA
Lirai Fastshooter - AO - KIA.
Calatar Trueheart - DaoC - KIA.
Kealaile Wolfheart - EQ - KIA.
Rowanna - Ultima Online - KIA.
Wildie
TSS Member

Postby Shad on Wed Apr 21, 2010 6:38 am

I'm sure that many guys here are equally as stunned as we all are over on The MNR forums. Even though we haven't really been active in VG since last September, Steve was still very active at MNR both on the forum and nightly on Vent right up until the morning of October 10th, which was the last time Hethyla spoke to him just before he took his own life. We all thought he was away due to moving home, which is what he had led us all to believe would be the reason for his absence. It seems he had been planning this for the best part of a month, seemingly with the selfless intention of us never finding out the truth and saving us all the hurt and loss we are now feeling. So unlike Steve to leave discretely as I'm sure many of you know, yet typical of him to try to protect those he cared about. Indeed, we would all still be thinking he had just found a new life somewhere had Conros and Hethyla not been so tenacious in searching for him this past 6 months.

Not only was he a good and loyal friend, he was one of the few guys that could rant better than me too. One of lifes true characters that always stood by his beliefs, however controversial and accepted the consequences. He was the most sincere person I ever knew, wore his heart on his sleeve and in hindsight, showed unbelievable courage, consideration and compassion right to the very end, never giving any hint as to his own private despair, yet always ready to listen and be there for the rest of us, wether ingame or out, day or night.

I'm gonna miss him so much.

Shad'.
ImageImage
Shad
TSS Newbie

Postby Wighar on Wed Apr 21, 2010 10:17 am

This news comes to me at the same time i am still in mourning for my aunt who died this sunday the 18th.

To hear this now only adds to the tears I allready have and he will indeed be missed even though I can not say that I knew him much more then that he was a friendly and had a good sense of humor, he is missed and i had been wondering where he had gone :(, sorry that it ended as such as it did.

Rest well Rashy.
You can visit My Website and My Blog by these links.
Wighar
Admin

Postby Proto on Wed Apr 21, 2010 12:35 pm

One of the most genuine, sincere, entertaining, friendly, selfless and caring people I've had the fortune to meet in my life. He was the epitome of guild mentality. He always put the guild first, always.

I can't believe this has happened. I knew something of his unhappiness but never would have imagined this.

I had the pleasure of meeting him on two occasions, both in Amsterdam. I am going back there next week for a holiday and I will go to the pub where we all shared many lols and raise a glass in his honour.

RIP big man.
Proto
PA Layabout
and General Slacker®

Currently playing as:
RIFT
Duram - Destiny - Blightweald EU Defiant
Myrmidia - Tranquility - Blightweald EU Defiant
Cerridwen - Tranquility - Blightweald EU Defiant
Qi - Blightweald EU Defiant
Starcraft 2 - Proto#166
------------------------------------------
Whois Proto?
Proto
Admin

Postby suzziq on Wed Apr 21, 2010 12:45 pm

still stunned by this news, steve was such a fun person and we had such a giggle whether it was on wow or msn. Will never forget Antwerp when we all met up. R.I.P Steve, you will be much missed.
I am ready to meet my maker, whether my maker is prepared to meet me is another matter.
suzziq

Location: Suzyworld - where the men are men and dont pinch the lipstick

Postby Proto on Wed Apr 21, 2010 1:10 pm

I found this on the Midnight Runners thread about Rashy. http://www.yourannouncement.co.uk/2964784 Not sure how active it is but I left a message there anyway, in the hopes that his family might see it and will know that there are a bunch of us out there who just found out and are totally gutted.
Proto
PA Layabout
and General Slacker®

Currently playing as:
RIFT
Duram - Destiny - Blightweald EU Defiant
Myrmidia - Tranquility - Blightweald EU Defiant
Cerridwen - Tranquility - Blightweald EU Defiant
Qi - Blightweald EU Defiant
Starcraft 2 - Proto#166
------------------------------------------
Whois Proto?
Proto
Admin

Postby aenedor on Wed Apr 21, 2010 6:51 pm

:(

That is aweful, poor poor rashy.

I know me and him had a falling out, but irrespective I am gutted.

Rashy was a staunch supporter of every guild he was in.

Sincerely thankyou for sharing, Moon and Shad.
aenedor
Admin Crew

Postby Wighar on Thu Apr 22, 2010 1:06 am

In honour to Rashy / Kinky Goblin I have deactivated his account and added to the signature of the following

Rest in Peace "Rashy/Kinky Goblin" (2009-10-10) The Second Sun an MMORPG Player Association Administrator 2006 - 2009, "May he waffle in the afterlife"
You can visit My Website and My Blog by these links.
Wighar
Admin

Postby suzziq on Thu Apr 22, 2010 2:18 am

omg now I am crying again, as if I have not cried enough today
I am ready to meet my maker, whether my maker is prepared to meet me is another matter.
suzziq

Location: Suzyworld - where the men are men and dont pinch the lipstick

Postby Katarn on Thu Apr 22, 2010 1:31 pm

This is very sad news.
I guess only a handfull might remember me since its been over 2 years since i last posted on TSS.
Im glad that Wighar still sends updates to inactive members. Thanks Wigh. Just sorry the news are not always happy ones.
I met Rashy in WoW the summer of 2006. We werent close but i do remember his great spirit and humor.
Rest well Rashy.

And just a little "Hi guys" to the ones here who remember me.
Just dropped by to share a happy thought of the good times with Steve. Hope you are all well.
Katarn
Games don't make people violent. Lag does...
Katarn
TSS Member

Postby Linke_Wipeout on Fri Apr 23, 2010 10:15 am

Stunned to read this,, don't really what to say ...

he was always fun and lived up the chat whenever he was online, and we always used to have some friendly banther.
I had the honour to meet him twice in IRL (amsterdam meets).

RIP Rashy .... i'll miss you gimp.
Dovie'andi se tovya sagain
i 'R Linke
Det är faan inte några rosa moln där ute...räksallad i dojjorna och insvept i en stulen jäger banderoll
Linke_Wipeout
TSS Member

Postby levyne on Fri Apr 23, 2010 1:09 pm

Extremely sad news. Rest in peace Rashy.
levyne
TSS Member

Next

Return to The G.A.T