A Gamer's manifesto

Dedicated to the discussion of games that are not MMORPGs.

A Gamer's manifesto

Postby batareikin on Tue Aug 14, 2007 11:23 pm

I've red so-called Gamer's Manifesto http://www.pointlesswasteoftime.com/gam ... festo.html
Do you agree? May be we can write our own one?
Murphy was a grunt
batareikin
TSS Member

Postby Mythinite on Wed Aug 15, 2007 2:41 pm

It is a couple of years old and centered around consoles... But would one for PCs look any different?
--> Insert something phunny here <--
Mythinite
Admin Crew

Postby batareikin on Sat Sep 08, 2007 9:12 pm

Mythinite wrote:It is a couple of years old and centered around consoles... But would one for PCs look any different?

That's exactly what I mean. Nowadays games tend to go into graphics without too many new inventions. Besides that, in 80's and 90's we had so many great games with a great potential. Where are they now. All we get are fancy crazy graphics conveyor.
Murphy was a grunt
batareikin
TSS Member

Re: A Gamer's manifesto

Postby batareikin on Wed Sep 12, 2007 9:10 pm

Here are my two letters to Sony. May be we can add something to it. These two are more about consoles, I think we must write somthing regarding all platforms.

1st letter:
Hello, dear sirs and ma'ams! Hope you will read this! I have some experience with gaming business, so my general question is not actually a question, but a minor suggestion(you should
have this topic too. Well, I own a PS 3 (really nice peace of gear, great job). It's working great, but:
1). We're tired of being beta testers. I bet, you can release a normal OS.
2). There are so many games, which are just a mere conversion of PC games (if you have money for
PS3 - you won't have a lousy old PC). Most of people are already playing GRAW 2, Rainbow Six Vegas and
other games on PC. By the time those games are going to be released on PS3 we'll pass them on PC(I did it already). What's the point of releasing them and not having the best profits? Bad
investments system? I hope not.
3). Can't you develop games without this annoying checkpoint saving system. We have 20-80 gb
HDD's, that means we have SOME space for saves.
4). As I understand, your business policy is to sell a console and have your profits from games. Where are those really exiting exclusive games? Racing and basic shooters are just pissing people off(I'm not saying it off the fence - internet is full of those complaints).
5). When PS2 was released, we already had tons of games on the market. Now we don't even have a SINGLE MMORPG or startegy or a decent exclusive PS3 tactical FPS(I'm not talking about GRAW 2 or Rainbow Six: Vegas - PC games).
6). I beleive in you, guys, so kick XBOX 360 down, launch a desent PR action against Microspot! Microspot does against you already. I hope your PR crew isn' blind!
7). A lot of PS 3 owners (you can find statistics in the internet) are not kids, why all we got is
a bunch of regular FPS and racing games with improved graphics, but low AI? You are underestimating our gaming capabilities! In conclusion - I think PS3 has a great tecnical possibilities - great piece of work (imho - the best one on the market), but 90% of those possibilities are yet to be discovered. I hope (and a
lot of my friends) you'll give us a lot of exciting games! Great engineering work!
Sincerely Yours, Vassily Batareikin.
2nd letter:
Hello, dear Sir!
I just heard, that Microsoft XBOX 360 will have two huge add-ons on GTA IV (they transferred 50 mil $ to Rockstar - 25 mil per each add-on). As far as I know, PS3 won't have anything like that. What's up with that? Are You planning to lose console war. I'd red over the internet, that a lot of people already selling their PS3, we paid a lot of money - all we are getting are stupid teenage games and shiny promises. All right - technically you're better, but no good games, GTA IV will suck compare
to XBOX, all of 'em sweet games (MGS 4 and so on) are TBA in 2008. You're losing the battle. Show
Microspot some world-known Samurai spirit of Yours, SONY!
Sincerely Yours, Vassily Batareikin
Murphy was a grunt
batareikin
TSS Member

Return to Non-MMORPGs