Space Empires series

Dedicated to the discussion of games that are not MMORPGs.

Space Empires series

Postby Proto on Wed Aug 29, 2007 3:38 am

A classic in the 4X genre, I've recently picked up the 5th version of this complex and involving space strategy.

This is the first of the series that I've played and it's a lot to take in! The AI is a beast (admittedly it's my first game but it's slamming me all around the universe, demolished my homeworld with sabotage and Planetary napalm, thwarted my own espionage efforts and stolen all my research). Only playing with 2 computer controlled civilisations and the one which hasn't been doing all the above has been very friendly with me indeed, but sadly is just as pathetic as me in terms of expansion. It all started to go a bit wrong when I cancelled the non-aggression pact which was preventing me building a colony on a planet in the first enemy's system (on a planet he couldn't inhabit himself due to atmospheric limitations). He didn't take kindly to that and the next communique was hand delivered by half a dozen frigates. Happy days! :wink:

Go fun though. A refreshing change from easy games that's for sure. Think I'll restart now I know a bit more what I'm doing, with a few more enemy races and try to be Mr Friendly.

Anyone else played it?
Proto
PA Layabout
and General Slacker®

Currently playing as:
RIFT
Duram - Destiny - Blightweald EU Defiant
Myrmidia - Tranquility - Blightweald EU Defiant
Cerridwen - Tranquility - Blightweald EU Defiant
Qi - Blightweald EU Defiant
Starcraft 2 - Proto#166
------------------------------------------
Whois Proto?
Proto
Admin

Postby Mopreme187 on Wed Aug 29, 2007 11:58 am

cant say i have tried it, but ill look it up now
VG - Ghostkoi, Mopreme, Mekenzie, Akutenshi, Faepreme, Milanzie, Necroblin
SWG - Mopreme, Ghostkoi
EQ2 - Mopreme, Ghostkoi, Mekenzie, Faepreme, Necrogre, Akutenshi, Neriksar, Bekko, Milan, Villbear, Raekwon
MxO - Mopreme
Mopreme187
TSS Member

Postby Mythinite on Wed Aug 29, 2007 1:40 pm

This sounds really intriguing, how come I've never heard of it before? *off to research*
--> Insert something phunny here <--
Mythinite
Admin Crew

Return to Non-MMORPGs