Mortal Online

other MMORPG's that people might be interested in can be discussed here.

Mortal Online

Postby Mythinite on Fri Jul 17, 2009 4:08 am

Genre: Fantasy MMORPG (Sandbox)
Developer: Star Vault
Release date: Oct-Dec 2009
Official website
Wikipedia article (highly recommended)

This is probably the most expected sandbox MMO of 2009 and it sure does look promising! Free PvP, free loot, first person perspective, no classes, no levels, all skill based etc. Check out the Wikipedia article as it contains a great feature list, racial concept art and a much better presentation of the game than I could ever accomplish writing here (except maybe by copy-pasting it all).

One of the best and most promising aspect of this game is the visibility of the developers. They are present on their official forum and answer questions about the game as well as hang out and chat in their official IRC channel. They have such zeal, dedication and insight that it absolutely blows your mind. This of course is completely different from what I've ever experienced in an MMO before and is absolutely fantastic from such a small and independent company that Star Vault is.

I am helping setting up a guild with a group of people from WAR and it is going to be awesome! If you wish to know more about the game or are interested in our guild then don't hesitate to post a reply.
Admin Crew

Re: Mortal Online

Postby Wisteria on Thu Jul 23, 2009 1:17 am

I've preorderd, rwar!
TSS Member

Postby Orakio on Thu Jul 23, 2009 1:24 pm

Doesn't sound too shabby, but I'll hold off for now. Can't predict whether I'll have time for this or not :)

Might be good to create a category with links in several posts if some of the community decide to try it out!
Player Association manager
Professional flock-gatherer

Tuorn Inganar-SWG - waiting for a new SW MMO
Argis La'Shiek-WoW - Murdered
ArgoSeraph-WoW - at peace
Darox - Lost every now and then in Telon

Playing: \o/ Dragonica! \o/ - Fenir beta server - Radon - Overpowered magician

Roleplay is like writing a book with several people. Hard to backtrack but ever so exciting.

Postby Proto on Thu Jul 23, 2009 8:53 pm

A requiemourn-esque appetite-whetting forum that us lazy people can go to for links and updates here would be just perfect :wink:
PA Layabout
and General Slacker®

Currently playing as:
Duram - Destiny - Blightweald EU Defiant
Myrmidia - Tranquility - Blightweald EU Defiant
Cerridwen - Tranquility - Blightweald EU Defiant
Qi - Blightweald EU Defiant
Starcraft 2 - Proto#166
Whois Proto?

Postby Linke_Wipeout on Tue Jul 28, 2009 10:03 am

From what i've seen of it so far ,, seems to me like playing oblivion online (back when oblivion just came out).

I think the graphic talks for itself .. it gonna be as preformance heavy as oblivion was when it came.

But yeah, the open sandbox type sounds quite nice thou.
Dovie'andi se tovya sagain
i 'R Linke
Det är faan inte några rosa moln där ute...räksallad i dojjorna och insvept i en stulen jäger banderoll
TSS Member

Return to Other MMORPG's