crafting - is the economy working?

the official seamap for TSS-Sailors, -Privateers and -Pirates

crafting - is the economy working?

Postby Grendor on Sat Jan 26, 2008 10:00 am

Maybe i dont get it, but i cant see the economy working, did it run better under beta?

Unless the devs create an inlet of supplies ( as in a merchant npc ) to keep prices down, and an outlet of supplies ( same merchant ) so that players are guarantied some profit for their investments, then i have a hard time seeing the economy being able to run.
I have invested more then 12k dubloons on building and fabricating just to see that a lot of items are being offered on the AH at much lower prices than the accumulated cost of making them for me, or maybe one really has to go to advanced production to make ends meet???
The economy needs more influx of cash to sustain prices it seems to me, perhaps the ability to hand of your goods to a merchant npc for a assured and small profit would help that.

Please do lecture me if you can see that im all wrong, and then please tell me how one can make things run, cause as it is now its more of a sinkhole of money to produce stuff :help:

Freighting and trading seems to be a blunder too, it seems to be just as useless as i find it too be in say EVE ( except for rare occasions ) as in EVE in the regions i´ve scouted mining pays way more per minute than freighting will unless you have a billion isk ship and the cargospace that follows. But to be honest and just to rant a bit more, the announcement of player economies always do makes my toes curl. :spam: :spam: :spam: :spam: :o_cens:

TIP: if you need 12K or just wanna grind dubloons to get loaded, rerun the first 3 hours worth of character start, have a friend hold the money and then transfer it too you main, rince and repeat, its the fastest 12K ive come across from lv1-16 so far.

please do post your oppinion, if you have one :bum:
Talking is silence, but silver is golden
Grendor
TSS Member

Re: crafting - is the economy working?

Postby Sentenza on Sat Jan 26, 2008 8:08 pm

it is a tad easier when you join a guild and get into contact with multi-player-production lines,
or have a decent research about market and which products actually sell ...

- leather is almost used
- riggings should sell

- for free trader it actually pays out to trade wares from cheap to more expensive harbours
Sentenza . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . Rate TSS at WAR!

Vanguard (Halgar): Cynamoon, Mho, Shabby, Rhoselyn, Yaya, Nhew, Clou,
Sentenza

Postby Grendor on Tue Feb 05, 2008 10:36 am

Thanks for the viewpoints :o_kiss:

However i changed server to Guadeloupe, pending trouble getting into Roberts due to overflow, and we have a 2 man ship building line going very fine and profitable. But yes as soon as we speak of a player driven economy we see sell prices at least the double of the production costs and that screws things up if you can provide your self with the needed stuff, so we have streamlined 20 slots into ship and upgrade production and we sell at sensible prices. Most players want 3-6 times the money it costs to make upgrades, which is stupid as no one wants to buy them for small ships then :o_wink:

ill stop for now :rashy:
Talking is silence, but silver is golden
Grendor
TSS Member

Postby Sentenza on Tue Feb 05, 2008 1:49 pm

Grendor wrote:Thanks for the viewpoints :o_kiss:

However i changed server to Guadeloupe, pending trouble getting into Roberts due to overflow, and we have a 2 man ship building line going very fine and profitable. But yes as soon as we speak of a player driven economy we see sell prices at least the double of the production costs and that screws things up if you can provide your self with the needed stuff, so we have streamlined 20 slots into ship and upgrade production and we sell at sensible prices. Most players want 3-6 times the money it costs to make upgrades, which is stupid as no one wants to buy them for small ships then :o_wink:

ill stop for now :rashy:

mmmh, maybe leave your char names, server and chosennation here ...
still thinking about having a pirate on any server ...
Sentenza . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . Rate TSS at WAR!

Vanguard (Halgar): Cynamoon, Mho, Shabby, Rhoselyn, Yaya, Nhew, Clou,
Sentenza

Return to Pirates of the Burning Sea