DDO: European servers gone online - my chars so far

The attempt at Tabletop RP in an online MMO

DDO: European servers gone online - my chars so far

Postby Grendor on Sat Mar 04, 2006 10:03 am

Grendor Bental - paladin ofcourse
Cyrian of the twilight - Cleric

I plan on creating a guild by the name "Guardians of the twilight" when and if i can...

/edit title changed by Sentenza
Talking is silence, but silver is golden
Grendor
TSS Member

Postby Orakio on Sat Mar 04, 2006 3:14 pm

keep us posted on how the game is :) if the guild is a success it would be great to host another active one within the sesun association :D
--------------------------------------
Orakio:
Player Association manager
Professional flock-gatherer

Tuorn Inganar-SWG - waiting for a new SW MMO
Argis La'Shiek-WoW - Murdered
ArgoSeraph-WoW - at peace
Darox - Lost every now and then in Telon

Playing: \o/ Dragonica! \o/ - Fenir beta server - Radon - Overpowered magician

Orakio
Admin

Postby Grendor on Sat Mar 04, 2006 3:32 pm

It became the twilight guardians, located on the first server, name escapes me, but its the first choice, leader is Cyrian of the twilight (me)

The dungeons are awesome, the mood and settings so far compared to WoW would be like having picked up a very good book compadered to a childrens pixi book/wallet.

Voice over as GM in most of the dungeons including voices of the bad guys some of the time. The game has some quirks and not all of it is so great, you cant see who your party members are in a crowd and so on, but it will prob get there. For now, yeeehaaa :D
Grendor
TSS Member

Postby Grendor on Sun Mar 05, 2006 7:41 am

So far the Twilight guardians is up to 4 members strong, and all good peeps. The quest are good and plenty and so far none too long to not award the casual player as well. The LFG system is ok, you post a LFG request with what minimum lv´s and what classes you need and then its up to whether the others know how it works. But generally you get the good people that way, those with a brain and a sense to use it. :lol:

In the dungeons there are puzzles, multiple levels of travel, voice over that sets the mood "you enter a foul and damp smelling room, you know something horrible resides in this part of the dungeon".

The thing people need to be aware of though, is that outside the taverns everything is instanced, so if two peeps that´s not grouped runs out they might not be able to see each other.

There are plenty of content so far (lv2) to get you to the next level unless you make a career out of dying. You just need to find the quests around the city, which i might add in the areas alone that i have currently access to is already as large as Ironforge if not larger already. All weapons and armor can be bought and in the market area, i think, there is a pawn-shop where people can offload to a bigger price an this shop will keep the items so other players may purchase them, nifty.

slowly a red thread is being presented, but currently i am still at the starters area more or less, so i expect more history to be presented. just getting to know the houses of power and the silve flame church.

The social UI leaves one missing WoW´s but i hope it gets better....

The game has inborne voicechat, very easy to administer, just push activate and the handsfree, that´s if you have a mic and its installed proberly on your puter...

I´ll stop here for now, but so far it´s a 4,5 out of 5, i miss the reach of the general chat from WoW.... :cry:
Grendor
TSS Member

Postby Grendor on Tue Mar 14, 2006 10:36 pm

New update....

Abandoned the other server. Too many people, just as much lag as on ER back when...

Now playing on Lyandar server, with either:

Liandir (cleric)
Grendor (Paladin)
Lesrin avalan (wizard)
Cearot the halflong (rogue)

There is no guild here, as i joined one with some irl friends, its a closed guild, preq is irl friendship.

But if some starts playing and feel like it, we can make another guild, but its not really necessary in this game. Start getting to know people, add the good ones to the friends list. Getting a group is extremely easy, 1 - 10 mins and you might have a 6 man party.

Its a very action based game, and people looking for RP and speaking a lot, i say good luck :D But if you need a game you can enjoy between 1 hour and x hours a day, this might be it.

Feel free to email me at kwfrost@io.dk if you want to try it out, then ill initiate a new char and help you get started.
Grendor
TSS Member

Postby Sentenza on Wed Oct 25, 2006 9:11 pm

mmmh, what game was this about ?
Sentenza . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . Rate TSS at WAR!

Vanguard (Halgar): Cynamoon, Mho, Shabby, Rhoselyn, Yaya, Nhew, Clou,
Sentenza

Postby Goozo on Wed Oct 25, 2006 9:46 pm

Sentenza wrote:mmmh, what game was this about ?

+1
Another +1 post, brought to you by Goozo.
Goozo
TSS Member

Postby Proto on Wed Oct 25, 2006 10:38 pm

I reckon Dungeons & Dragons Online
Proto
PA Layabout
and General Slacker®

Currently playing as:
RIFT
Duram - Destiny - Blightweald EU Defiant
Myrmidia - Tranquility - Blightweald EU Defiant
Cerridwen - Tranquility - Blightweald EU Defiant
Qi - Blightweald EU Defiant
Starcraft 2 - Proto#166
------------------------------------------
Whois Proto?
Proto
Admin

Postby Sentenza on Thu Oct 26, 2006 2:18 am

Proto wrote:I reckon Dungeons & Dragons Online

okies, thx a lot prrroto ...
Sentenza . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . Rate TSS at WAR!

Vanguard (Halgar): Cynamoon, Mho, Shabby, Rhoselyn, Yaya, Nhew, Clou,
Sentenza

Postby Nathreee on Thu Oct 26, 2006 8:13 am

As a DDO veteran, i concur with all the good things Grendor has told you about so far. Great atmosphere, nice graphics and the D&D 3.5 system actually works.

There is a level 4 quest in one of the house districts where the DM's voice-over has been done by Gary Gygax himself. It's an undead-filled dungeon, btw.

Now, I'm not playing anymore atm, because I hated to be alone in the game. I used to play it a lot when I had a group of friends and we made up a full party and played once a week together. With a steady group like that, every dungeon is doable. I especially liked to take it slowly and look around in the amazing dungeons, whereas DDO dungeons are easy to rush. But the friends got too busy to play, and I ended up alone.

I have to say that I might be persuaded into starting DDO again, especially if we could hang out as a full party every monday evening or something like that. But I don't feel like doing it again by myself, because I just have the worst luck in PUGs.

Does anyone else here feel like forming a steady group? Once a week? just from 19.00 to 23.00 or something like that? Let's talk about this.
If you're curious about my life: http://nathreee.livejournal.com
Nathreee
TSS Member

Postby ouasu on Thu Oct 26, 2006 8:47 am

I agree completely with you Nathree. I liked the game, but I got tired of all the rush groups.

I might be persuaded to go for it again with a steady group.
ouasu
TSS Member

Postby Nathreee on Thu Oct 26, 2006 11:43 am

Ok, so that makes two people for a quiet group. :D

Any more?
Nathreee
TSS Member

Postby Nathreee on Thu Oct 26, 2006 1:31 pm

Well, there's 3 of us now. let's try to agree on a weekly roleplay-date, shall we?

I'm free every weekday evening, except fridays and thursdays. I could also make time during weekends.

Any more takers?
Nathreee
TSS Member

Postby ouasu on Thu Oct 26, 2006 6:58 pm

Rashy wrote:suggestion - Wednesday nights 6.30pm start to a 10 pm finish

alas Wednesdays I can't play till 9 pm WET/WEST (10 PM CET/CEST). it's my late late night at work.

any other day I can show up around 6:45pm WET (7:45 CET). also due to work and eating.

every few weeks (irregular) I need to skip a sunday for table top rpg :)

and I would also like to do a bit of RP.
ouasu
TSS Member

Postby ouasu on Fri Oct 27, 2006 1:59 am

I'm gogint o have to reactive ofcourse. and I'll probably need to use paypal. which means I may not be able to get it for a couple of days. not having an easy way of payment sucks.. heh. but tbh creditcards suck even more :P

(will edit this properly when not half asleep)

quick edit before sleepage: it looks like Ican do click&buy payments. those shoudl work fast enough. will look into it more asap.
ouasu
TSS Member

Next

Return to Dungeons and Dragons Online