DDO: Stormreach Easter Sale price!

The attempt at Tabletop RP in an online MMO

DDO: Stormreach Easter Sale price!

Postby velkairiwyth on Thu Apr 13, 2006 1:11 pm

Im a bit skintypoos - but I popped into my local game for a browse and noticed that for the easter weekend they are sellng D+D stormreach for £19.99 instead of 30-odd quid. I was very tempted to buy it there and then, but I refrained. I am still tempted though, I shall speak to Pusskins later and ask her what she thinks. Tempted to try this game, and £20 for a copy and the first months sub is not a bad price indeed.

This is a heads up for UK peeps that wanna try this game. Get to your stores now !:p

/edit: title changed by Sentenza
velkairiwyth

Postby Orakio on Thu Apr 13, 2006 1:55 pm

desperate measures perhaps :shock: even a copy of WoW is more expensive at present
--------------------------------------
Orakio:
Player Association manager
Professional flock-gatherer

Tuorn Inganar-SWG - waiting for a new SW MMO
Argis La'Shiek-WoW - Murdered
ArgoSeraph-WoW - at peace
Darox - Lost every now and then in Telon

Playing: \o/ Dragonica! \o/ - Fenir beta server - Radon - Overpowered magician

Orakio
Admin

Postby Grendor on Thu Apr 13, 2006 6:43 pm

Mayhaps and perby :o As DDO has almost none single-content. DDO is probably as close to a digitized verison of D&D as we will ever get it, and so follows the requirement for grouping i´m afraid.

I don´t think that any MMO that hasn´t got a good balance between single and group-content will do too well, since being forced to group in order to get anywhere can be really frustrating. And no, im not saying DDO is crap, far from it, its just not a single´s players game at all, not at all.

DDO won´t gather the "junkies" since its based to be played or playable as casual, being on for 16 hours a day will never be gratified in the same manner as WoW where able to, neither is the game designed to do that.

WoW as you know pretty much starts out with single missions with an option to group and ends of with either grouping or the option to grind yourself to death, this game starts at grouping and keeps going, whether you like it or not. The good thing is that the dungeouns or tasks are much better than WoW´s ever were.
Talking is silence, but silver is golden
Grendor
TSS Member

Re: D+D Stormreach Easter Sale price!

Postby Grendor on Sun Apr 16, 2006 9:08 pm

Rashy wrote:
velkairiwyth wrote:Im a bit skintypoos - but I popped into my local game for a browse and noticed that for the easter weekend they are sellng D+D stormreach for £19.99 instead of 30-odd quid. I was very tempted to buy it there and then, but I refrained. I am still tempted though, I shall speak to Pusskins later and ask her what she thinks. Tempted to try this game, and £20 for a copy and the first months sub is not a bad price indeed.

This is a heads up for UK peeps that wanna try this game. Get to your stores now !:p

Game stores do the deal of the week a new game £19.99. However the deal is picked by the manager of each area and therefore regional variations apply.
but as far as trying it goes... nah am going to wait until vanguard or similar is released. untli then am happy playing a little bit of WoW and EvE.
Am just getting back into EvE again it Rocks although I really really suck :(

No no, you got it all wrong, Eve sucks, you rock... :D
Grendor
TSS Member

Postby velkairiwyth on Tue Apr 18, 2006 8:01 am

Laaaaaa :p

Still to resub eve, bit poor just now :p waiting to see how my finances balance out over the next month.

Didnt get DDO - was away, I wonder if anyone else did :p

Well It is a shame theres no single player content :( Think Ill just keep an eye open for NWN2 hehe.
velkairiwyth

Postby velkairiwyth on Fri Jun 16, 2006 8:56 am

Now theres SPC, Im considering giving this game a whirl, can anyone share any info about the game? Is there a SS guild? groups of friends? will it take long for me to be able to work alongside you all, and what class would prove most useful for you if I was? (presuming Fighter or Cleric)
velkairiwyth

Postby Mythinite on Fri Jun 16, 2006 9:39 am

Grendor wrote:DDO is probably as close to a digitized verison of D&D as we will ever get it, and so follows the requirement for grouping i´m afraid.

I was really hoping for a good game in DDO but alas it is not D&D. I was hoping the same for NWN2 but that wont be D&D either... The closest we've come to digital D&D is TOEE, yikes! :shock:
--> Insert something phunny here <--
Mythinite
Admin Crew

Postby Grendor on Fri Jun 16, 2006 5:22 pm

Single Player Content, you git :lol: :D

If you decide to try it out, everyone, let us know here, im planning to resub. What goes for class choosing, take your pick, its generally not all too important.
Mind you all this game needs mic installed, since writing in combat is somewhat impossible mostly, talking over the net is the key whether it be Skype, DDO or something else.
Grendor
TSS Member

Postby Grendor on Fri Jun 16, 2006 5:28 pm

Mythinite wrote:
Grendor wrote:DDO is probably as close to a digitized verison of D&D as we will ever get it, and so follows the requirement for grouping i´m afraid.

I was really hoping for a good game in DDO but alas it is not D&D. I was hoping the same for NWN2 but that wont be D&D either... The closest we've come to digital D&D is TOEE, yikes! :shock:

I would say that if the game was round based in combat, which it very well could have since its all instanced, then the game could have been a 100% digitalization, however the game is actionbased and some of the rules are working differently, and the game is offcourse Hack & Slash oriented.
But maybe one day we will get to roam The Forgotten Realms..... doubtfully :x

:wink:
Grendor
TSS Member

Return to Dungeons and Dragons Online