R.I.P.

Some call it "The Alternative" to all the fantasy-stuff ...

R.I.P.

Postby Starman on Fri Mar 13, 2009 2:05 pm

Message from the Tabula Rasa Team
21st November 2008
Posted by Avatea

To the Tabula Rasa Community,

Last November we launched what we hoped would be a ground breaking sci-fi MMO. In many ways, we think we’ve achieved that goal. Tabula Rasa has some unique features that make it fun and very different from every other MMO out there. Unfortunately, the fact is that the game hasn’t performed as expected. The development team has worked hard to improve the game since launch, but the game never achieved the player population we hoped for.

So it is with regret that we must announce that Tabula Rasa will end live service on February 28, 2009.

Before we end the service, we’ll make Tabula Rasa servers free to play starting on January 10, 2009.

We can assure you that through the next couple of months we’ll be doing some really fun things in Tabula Rasa, and we plan to make staying on a little longer worth your while. For more details about what we are doing for Tabula Rasa players, please click here.

Stay tuned for more information. We thank you for your loyal support of the game and encourage you to take us up on the benefits we’re offering Tabula Rasa players.

The Tabula Rasa Team

I had some real fun in the beta, but never bought the game after release. Did anyone play it later?

Richard Garriott made this game, then he went to space, and now nobody seems to know what he will be up to next.
Starman/Dodgy Wanabe plus more alts @ Hydian Way
Back in WoW Sep '09 - Starelf & Co. - Roses of Dawn.
Vanguard: Sophi Silverstar (Ranger/Exemplar/Master Shipwright), Retired again Sep 10th '09.
SWG pre-NGE: Starman Wanabe, master defender / Starev the wookiee.
Starman

Re: R.I.P.

Postby Mythinite on Fri Mar 13, 2009 2:32 pm

As you may recall I played in the beta until it had convinced me that the game was a major pile of hype and failed to truly innovate.
If anything it has shown me that Lord British' feet no longer walk the same earth as the rest of us. :roll:
--> Insert something phunny here <--
Mythinite
Admin Crew

Postby Starman on Fri Mar 13, 2009 3:49 pm

Mythinite wrote:As you may recall I played in the beta until it had convinced me that the game was a major pile of hype and failed to truly innovate.
If anything it has shown me that Lord British' feet no longer walk the same earth as the rest of us. :roll:

Hey mate, ofc I remember you! I meant if anyone actually played the game after release...

Good to hear from you, hope you are going well!
Vanguard: Sophi Silverstar (Ranger/Exemplar/Master Shipwright), Retired again Sep 10th '09.
Starman

Postby Gaera on Sat Mar 14, 2009 10:39 pm

I played this for a month or two, got bored after that and quit though.
Nice to see that it's now free, but I'm afraid I don't have time for it right now :)
R.I.P. Tabula Rasa.
Rake Tegler / SWG / Presumed dead.
Faelwen / MEO / Dead, sorry.
Fenix Rebirth / EVE / Alive
Sudene / AoC / Died pretty horribly.
Sudene / WAR / Missing
Gaera
TSS Member

Postby Starman on Sun Mar 15, 2009 1:28 pm

Gaera wrote:Nice to see that it's now free

I think it's all dead and gone now. "...will end live service on February 28, 2009."
Starman

Return to Tabula Rasa