It is currently Sun Feb 25, 2018 8:52 am

All times are UTC [ DST ]

Post subject: Help Get The Word Out!
PostPosted: Mon Oct 20, 2008 6:30 pm 
TSS Newbie
 E-mail  Profile

Obviously of our hundreds of members, only a really small handful of people actively check these forums. So let's help get the word out! Are quested items often better than crafted? sure.. but I guarantee there are a bunch of guildies out there that would be happy with some crafted armor, clothing, weapons, or items that is made within the guild.

It starts with getting all the crafters checking here regularly. Then we can have other members start posting out work orders for us.

Let's start a crafting movement within the guild and see if we can get things more organized! :)

Post subject: Re: Help Get The Word Out!
PostPosted: Mon Oct 20, 2008 6:44 pm 
Admin Crew

Great Idea :D

Related to this is the materials including rares that the crafters would need.

We have a chest of rare mats currently and a second chest that could be repurposed.

Members could if they wish donate rare mats, then when a crafter is asked to/would like to make an item for a fellow member, they check the chests and ask in GC for a member of rank Sergeant or higher to get and mail/deliver the required mats to them.

PostPosted: Mon Oct 20, 2008 6:48 pm 
TSS Newbie
 E-mail  Profile

I know I'm a bit new but this particular section of the fourum is a bit dead. A lot of quested gear is better but I'm almost head to toe in armor I made myself and I won't be too far behind anyone else stats wise. Bags, bardings, harvesting gear are all available and cost nothing. I tend to be a little low on rares most of the time but they're not that hard to get and even URs aren't anything like as unobtainable as they used to be.

Use us!

Oh and Valkire, gimmie a shout. I'll help any way I can.

Does any organised harvesting happen?

PostPosted: Mon Oct 20, 2008 6:57 pm 
Admin Crew

Deneldor wrote:
Does any organised harvesting happen?

Not formally, but would be good to restart it again.

I would be happy to spend an evening trying to get rares and maybe at the same time help some of our members to get raise their harvesting skills.

PostPosted: Mon Oct 20, 2008 8:21 pm 
TSS Newbie
 E-mail  Profile

that's a great idea. We'd first need to get an idea where everyone stands with harvesting.

Yes, this forum is dead. But I hope that with myself, and a few of you other active posters we can help revive this forum. Taking advantage of guild crafters makes as much sense as questing with the guild. Every member should be taking advantage of our skills. I can't speak for all crafters, but being able to make items for others is most of the reason why I chose to become an armorsmith. :)

Once we collect high-level crafter info here on the forums, and can safely say we have every type of craft covered, then I think we can start an advertising campaign to let everyone else in the guild know where they can go to get just about any kind of crafted item made. :)

PostPosted: Tue Oct 21, 2008 12:22 pm 
TSS Newbie
 E-mail  Profile

Hi all

Between my wife and myself (and our alts) we have all types of harvesting to the t6 lvl covered. We both harvest actively, and have intended to do this to help the guild crafters as our share of the effort to help the guild. I will check out the mat chests in the GH and start putting some of the stuff we harvest in there. We will always be glad to take custom harvesting orders from crafters. I have been saying this in guild chat and check all new forum posts reguarly. I will be glad to take orders for mats from crafters here in the forums. I will continue to help folks who are working on their harvesting with where to go (and how the nodes pop) whenever possible. I know from experience how powerful a tool a concerted guild crafting program for the betterment of outfitting the guild can be, and look forward to helping make it go.

Kungg Fool 37 disc
Harmonica Stringfellow 36 bard
Arcanium Icefire 28 sorc
Hulkk Hogan 18 warr
Bearheart 18 shammy
Rennai 28 ranger
Brandywyne 16 cleric

PostPosted: Wed Oct 22, 2008 3:00 pm 
TSS Newbie
 E-mail  Profile

Sharrona,

I could use some pointers where to go for Rich Metal Nodes as well as Barbed Trees. I really need to get my harvesting up higher.

To All,

I'm also to the point where I can do pyrite and iron upgrades, however both require rare ores and whatnot. I may be placing a work order here soon for some help procuring these. They would, of course, be used to turn around and make some nicer armor for guildmates. I think it would be nice if we had a nice selection of yellow's for guildmates to pick from.

We should make it a goal to have at least two sets of full armor for each armor-type. This way if a guildmember needs armor, we should have some really nice stuff available. This would also require a concerted effort to accomplish as we'd need harvested resources, as well as craft expertise.

The only thing I'm not sure of is if we have enough guild storage space to store 2 sets per armor-type..

PostPosted: Thu Oct 23, 2008 4:01 pm 
TSS Newbie
 E-mail  Profile

Val,

the best t3 wood, metal, and stone harvesting is in the BC cave I showed you (let me know if you need help gaining access). There is a spider filled cave in Shoreline Ruins (Northern Thestra) that has good t3 harvesting of wood, metal, and stone but requires killing some 20ish mobs, and the road leading east along the bay NE of Charbrook (in Shoreline Ruins chunk) has some nice T3 metal harvesting and mobs are easily dodged..
T2 wood is best harvested at Renton Keep, the chain starts on the hill above the riftway and proceeds over the rop and down the back towards the cabin at the bottom, continue past the cabin to pick up a couple more nodes then around the mountain to the right to hit the main road and back towards the rift to start the chain again.

I prolly have the rares you need to make guild armor, just contact me in game and I will get you what you need.

Kungg Fool 37 disc
Arcanium Icefire 28 sorc
Hulkk Hogan 18 warr
Bearheart 18 shammy
Rennai 28 ranger
Brandywyne 16 cleric

PostPosted: Thu Oct 23, 2008 6:49 pm 
TSS Newbie
 E-mail  Profile

I can't help but feel I'm loosing my mind here. When did you show me a "BC cave" ?? Are you sure it was me? I'm not sure what BC stands for either. :(

I'm certainly fine killing some 20ish mobs for resources. :) Thank you for the suggestions..

As for the rare resources, I'll let you know as soon as we come up with a definitive list of armor that the guild should stock for members.

Sharrona wrote:
Val,

the best t3 wood, metal, and stone harvesting is in the BC cave I showed you (let me know if you need help gaining access). There is a spider filled cave in Shoreline Ruins (Northern Thestra) that has good t3 harvesting of wood, metal, and stone but requires killing some 20ish mobs, and the road leading east along the bay NE of Charbrook (in Shoreline Ruins chunk) has some nice T3 metal harvesting and mobs are easily dodged..
T2 wood is best harvested at Renton Keep, the chain starts on the hill above the riftway and proceeds over the rop and down the back towards the cabin at the bottom, continue past the cabin to pick up a couple more nodes then around the mountain to the right to hit the main road and back towards the rift to start the chain again.

I prolly have the rares you need to make guild armor, just contact me in game and I will get you what you need.

PostPosted: Sat Oct 25, 2008 8:53 am 
TSS Newbie
 E-mail  Profile

LOL Val
I must have confused you with another alt, so it's my mind that's failing ;-)
In any event, I have a really sweet, mob free T3 harvesting place that is reserved just for TSS. Intrigued? Catch me in game and all will be revealed..right after you are sworn to secrecy of course hehe

Kungg Fool 37 disc
Arcanium Icefire 28 sorc
Hulkk Hogan 18 warr
Bearheart 18 shammy
Rennai 28 ranger
Brandywyne 16 cleric

PostPosted: Mon Oct 27, 2008 2:25 pm 
TSS Newbie
 E-mail  Profile

thanks for that.. the place is awesome. Already found two resources I've never seen before. (=

thanks again