Hospital Tycoon

Hospital Tycoon

Postby Wighar on Tue Dec 05, 2006 7:52 am

Codemasters.com wrote:22nd August 2006
Codemasters signs Hospital Tycoon for PC.

Manage medical mayhem in new Tycoon title from Deep Red Games.

Giving everyone the chance to play ‘doctors and nurses’, Codemasters today announces signing Hospital Tycoon, an original title from development studio Deep Red Games (Monopoly Tycoon, Vega$: Make It Big!, Tycoon City: New York).

Hospital Tycoon is a medical-themed ‘God’ game that’s full of dramas and crazy diseases. Designed for a wide-reaching PC audience, the title is set to launch in spring 2007.

In Hospital Tycoon players will run, maintain, enhance and expand a series of chaotic hospital facilities. A move away from micro-management life-simulation games, Hospital Tycoon’s focus and entertainment value will be in experiencing how its characters - the doctors, nurses and patients - interact with each other and react to how the player runs a hospital.

Each hospital is staffed by manic medical teams and packed with patients suffering from the most peculiar diseases - such as the man afflicted with ‘Monkey Nuts’ or the office worker diagnosed with Stress Zombosis - who need curing with equally bizarre treatments. Delivering emergent and entertaining situations, the game’s high level of character interaction is set to create a living hospital soap opera played out with loads of humour.

Says Steve Beverley, Project Leader at Deep Red Games:
“Hospital Tycoon promises to be great fun, and continues Deep Red’s drive to fuse the established core gameplay of our previous Tycoon games with richer and deeper character simulation.

“With Hospital we’ve added a generous helping of widely-appealing humour and a kind of soap-opera format too - think ‘Scrubs’ meets ‘Carry On Matron’ and you should get the idea. The game is designed to be played either as a sandbox toy, making it accessible to a mass-market audience, or with structured challenges appealing to core gamers, so there should be something for everyone. It’ll be accessible, funny, visually gorgeous, and offer depth for those that want to dig for it.”

Players will direct the hospital’s medical staff, ensure patients are cared for and have the treatment facilities required. There’s also the upkeep of each hospital to control and develop; dedicated areas can be built to support additional medical needs - surgery, diagnosis, physiotherapy and more. Get it right and your patients will go home happy, get it wrong and armies of angry, sick people will make your life hell.

The more patients that come to the hospital and are cured, the more your medical empire can grow and flourish. You’ll need to keep your facilities up to date with upgrades and all of the flashier equipment today’s pushy patients demands.

The game’s rich visual design will deliver detailed, comedic representations of the patients’ bizarre diseases and the equally strange treatments you’ll need to administer. Watch out too for the spread of infectious conditions, or you’ll soon have an epidemic on your hands.

Giving players the chance to play their part in a modern medical drama (and prevent it turning into a crisis), Hospital Tycoon is now in development, exclusively for PC, and scheduled for spring 2007. For the latest on the game, visit the wards online at http://www.codemasters.co.uk/hospitaltycoon.

might be intresting, but is it as much fun as theme hospital?, now that is a waiting to see
You can visit My Website and My Blog by these links.
Wighar
Admin

Postby velkairiwyth on Tue Dec 05, 2006 10:11 am

so... an updated theme hospital?

could be fun :)
Siggy Wiggy Woo.
velkairiwyth

Postby Gaera on Tue Dec 05, 2006 5:06 pm

Nothing beats Bullfrog, one of the most legendary gamestudio's of the past in my opinion. I still don't understand why they let themselves to be taken over by EA. Since their fusion or maybe it's better to say 'elemination' no bullfrog type games ever came out again. And I doubt they can mimic the same atmosphere they had in their games like Dungeon Keeper, Populous 3 and Theme Hospital
Last edited by Gaera on Tue Dec 05, 2006 7:16 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Rake Tegler / SWG / Presumed dead.
Faelwen / MEO / Dead, sorry.
Fenix Rebirth / EVE / Alive
Sudene / AoC / Died pretty horribly.
Sudene / WAR / Missing
Gaera
TSS Member

Postby suzziq on Tue Dec 05, 2006 6:02 pm

nnooooo don't remind me of theme hospital - still cant find it...still got rollercoaster tycoon in the case :? :(
I am ready to meet my maker, whether my maker is prepared to meet me is another matter.
suzziq

Location: Suzyworld - where the men are men and dont pinch the lipstick

Postby velkairiwyth on Wed Dec 06, 2006 1:17 am

Erm...ive got a theme hospital here for some reason.

And Syndicate was always myfavourite bullfrog game :)
Siggy Wiggy Woo.
velkairiwyth

Postby Proto on Wed Dec 06, 2006 9:59 am

Oh yes Syndicate ftw. :)

Bullfrog were my favourite company for a long long time.

Aint Lionhead or whatever they are called (Peter Molyneux's company and makers of The Movies amongst others) still squirting out the occassional good game?
Proto
PA Layabout
and General Slacker®

Currently playing as:
RIFT
Duram - Destiny - Blightweald EU Defiant
Myrmidia - Tranquility - Blightweald EU Defiant
Cerridwen - Tranquility - Blightweald EU Defiant
Qi - Blightweald EU Defiant
Starcraft 2 - Proto#166
------------------------------------------
Whois Proto?
Proto
Admin

Postby suzziq on Wed Dec 06, 2006 1:25 pm

velkairiwyth wrote:Erm...ive got a theme hospital here for some reason.

And Syndicate was always myfavourite bullfrog game :)

*slap* :D :D :D
I am ready to meet my maker, whether my maker is prepared to meet me is another matter.
suzziq

Location: Suzyworld - where the men are men and dont pinch the lipstick

Return to Simulation