Final Fantasy XII

Final Fantasy XII

Postby Wighar on Fri Feb 16, 2007 12:12 pm

Square Enix Ltd wrote:PRESS RELEASE
Patrick Stewart Records Voiceover For UK and Australian Final Fantasy XII TV Campaign

London (15th February 2007) – Square Enix Ltd., the publisher of Square Enix® interactive entertainment products in Europe and other PAL territories, today announces that legendary actor Patrick Stewart will provide the voiceover for the UK and Australian TV commercials for the forthcoming epic FINAL FANTASY® XII.

The latest title in one of Square Enix’s most beloved franchises will be released across all PAL territories exclusively on the PlayStation®2 computer entertainment system on 23rd February, with TV commercials set to begin airing from 19th February.

David Dyett, European Marketing Director of Square Enix Ltd. comments, “When we first saw the incredible visuals for FINAL FANTASY XII, we knew we wanted an incredible voice that would match them. As our first and only choice, we’re thrilled that Patrick Stewart has provided the voiceover for the FINAL FANTASY XII television campaign in the UK and Australia.”

Since its debut in 1987, the FINAL FANTASY series has sold over 70 million units worldwide. With its cutting-edge visuals, unique worlds and intricate narrative, FINAL FANTASY has defined the role-playing genre and continues to be adored by fans around the globe.

About FINAL FANTASY XII

-The Story-
Enter an age where magic is commonplace and airships fill the skies, crowding out the heavens. A young orphan named Vaan dreams of escaping his life on the streets of
Rabanastre and piloting an airship of his own. Against the backdrop of the war engulfing the kingdom of Dalmasca, Vaan meets Princess Ashe, the sole surviving heir to the Dalmascan throne, long thought dead. Together, they will embark on an incredible journey through Ivalice. The choices they make will determine the very fate of the world.

CHALLENGE AN EMPIRE
LIBERATE A NATION
CHANGE THE WORLD

About Square Enix Co., Ltd.
Square Enix Co., Ltd. (Square Enix), with headquarters in Tokyo, Japan, develops, publishes and distributes entertainment content including interactive entertainment software and publications in Asia, North America and Europe. Square Enix brings two of Japan's best-selling franchises – FINAL FANTASY, which has sold over 70 million units worldwide, and DRAGON QUEST® which has sold over 41 million units worldwide – under one roof. Square Enix is one of the most influential providers of digital entertainment content in the world and continues to push the boundaries of creativity and innovation.

About Square Enix Ltd.
Located in London, Square Enix Ltd. handles operations in Europe and other PAL territories including sales, marketing and publishing of Square Enix titles. More information on Square Enix Ltd. can be found on the Internet at http://www.square-enix.com

DRAGON QUEST, FINAL FANTASY, SQUARE ENIX, and the SQUARE ENIX logo are registered trademarks of Square Enix Co., Ltd. in the United Kingdom and/or other countries.
“PlayStation” is a registered trademark of Sony Computer Entertainment Inc. All other trademarks are the property of their respective owners.

Source: Gamespress.com
You can visit My Website and My Blog by these links.
Wighar
Admin

Postby Nathreee on Fri Feb 16, 2007 2:51 pm

the story of a Final Fantasy story always sounds the same to me...

Young, blonde spiky-haired guy goes out to save a princess and the world btw, they take trips on airships, meet moogles and ride on chocobos and they defeat horrible monsters. The spiky-haired guy has a big sword, and the princess uses healing magic. They meet quite a group of friends, which usually include: a black mage, a really big guy with a spear who can jump people, a little girl who can summon great forces (sometimes this is also the princess), a thief (sometimes this is the spiky-haired guy) and someone who learns how to fight from the monsters they meet. The villain is always an effeminate young man with incredible powers and no humanity whatsoever, who takes on various faces and forms before the heroes manage to defeat him.

not any less fun tho...

watch College Saga: Episode 1, Episode 2, Episode 3 and Episode 4
If you're curious about my life: http://nathreee.livejournal.com
Nathreee
TSS Member

Postby Proto on Fri Feb 16, 2007 4:38 pm

That was a worthwile 45 minutes or so :-) Great movies.
Proto
PA Layabout
and General Slacker®

Currently playing as:
RIFT
Duram - Destiny - Blightweald EU Defiant
Myrmidia - Tranquility - Blightweald EU Defiant
Cerridwen - Tranquility - Blightweald EU Defiant
Qi - Blightweald EU Defiant
Starcraft 2 - Proto#166
------------------------------------------
Whois Proto?
Proto
Admin

Postby Orakio on Fri Feb 16, 2007 5:16 pm

I regret not having played any final fantasy since the SNES ones. Why oh Why can't they all be ported to the PC? :cry:
--------------------------------------
Orakio:
Player Association manager
Professional flock-gatherer

Tuorn Inganar-SWG - waiting for a new SW MMO
Argis La'Shiek-WoW - Murdered
ArgoSeraph-WoW - at peace
Darox - Lost every now and then in Telon

Playing: \o/ Dragonica! \o/ - Fenir beta server - Radon - Overpowered magician

Orakio
Admin

Postby drakau on Fri Feb 16, 2007 9:54 pm

i'm sure you can get emulated versions somewhere... i've caught my girlfriend playing vii on her pc in the past. the judas she is
SWTOR Characters:
Drakau - Republic Trooper/Vanguard
Cahira - Republic Jedi Knight/Guardian
Ackakam - Imperial BH/Mercenary
Caiban - Imperial Agent/Sniper
drakau
TSS Member

Postby Jin on Fri Feb 23, 2007 2:16 am

I'm sure FFVII and FFVIII were ported to PC.

Why? Because I have them. *lick*
Jin
TSS Member

Postby Nathreee on Fri Feb 23, 2007 8:39 am

after seeing the intro of FFXII and playing for an hour, I take back all my cliche remarks; This game rocks!!!!
If you're curious about my life: http://nathreee.livejournal.com
Nathreee
TSS Member

Postby Orakio on Fri Feb 23, 2007 11:59 am

Jin wrote:I'm sure FFVII and FFVIII were ported to PC.

yeah, but one can't buy them anymore and they are not xp-compatible.
Orakio:

Orakio
Admin

Postby Wighar on Fri Feb 23, 2007 1:09 pm

Orakio wrote:
Jin wrote:I'm sure FFVII and FFVIII were ported to PC.

yeah, but one can't buy them anymore and they are not xp-compatible.

I think you can find Patches for XP compatibility issues on google i guess, and the games I think one can usualy find on Amazon.co.uk and Ebay.co.uk
You can visit My Website and My Blog by these links.
Wighar
Admin

Postby Orakio on Fri Feb 23, 2007 2:19 pm

The easier solution is just porting the newer FF's to PC, and retailing them. :wink:
Orakio:

Orakio
Admin

Postby velkairiwyth on Mon Feb 26, 2007 11:49 am

Armagite was around most of yesterday, brought his PS2 and FF12. Not a bad looking game. Me and kat played through about 75% of FF10 - was pretty good fun, but it hit a point where we got bored of trying to get a puzzle done and I ended up selling the PS2 on so :p

Would rock if I could find any of the older ones that will run on my pc though! :) Must have a looksie.

first priority is road tax though - due in next two days, and Im a lazy bugger :p
Then wedding stuff.
Siggy Wiggy Woo.
velkairiwyth

Postby Proto on Mon Feb 26, 2007 12:03 pm

Got to a point in FF10 where I could go to the monster arena and using a clever setup with Tonberry and the AP mods I could basically create a sphere engine that meant all my guys got boosted around the sphere grid to insane levels. Made for some good fun slapping Sin down in a couple of hits, but I eventually got bored because I hadn't maxed out Wakka at the right time and was looking at a lifetime playing gimpball to get him up to the same standard as the rest.

You may return to the topic now :wink:
Proto
PA Layabout
and General Slacker®

Currently playing as:
RIFT
Duram - Destiny - Blightweald EU Defiant
Myrmidia - Tranquility - Blightweald EU Defiant
Cerridwen - Tranquility - Blightweald EU Defiant
Qi - Blightweald EU Defiant
Starcraft 2 - Proto#166
------------------------------------------