The Elder Scrolls IV: Shivering Isles™

Postby Wighar on Fri Mar 30, 2007 6:51 pm

If you get this expansion i promise you'll like it.

Duskblade/Dawnblade - Satisfy the blades hunger during the day get the Superior Weapon at night, satisfy the hunger during the night with the blade get the superior version of the day :D

Yoda: mmm, more, must play, yes, sanity lost in world is.
You can visit My Website and My Blog by these links.
Wighar
Admin

Postby Requiemourn on Fri Mar 30, 2007 7:18 pm

I'd rather have an interesting and involving story, real conversation choices and NPCs that aren't made out of wood, to be honest. The days when I got excited over a Sword of L33t Pwnage +50 thousand kabillions are now long gone :P.

Really, the premise of getting even more of the same boring content isn't going to make me buy this. On the other hand, the second Morrowind expansion, Bloodmoon, was actually quite cool and offered something new - if Shivering Isles would share the same quality level then who knows... But I doubt it, looking at the latest Oblivion's patch notes it doesn't even look like they care about content any more.
Asinus ad lyram.

Requiemourn

Postby Wighar on Fri Mar 30, 2007 9:00 pm

Well it does have fun story to the orginal oblivion quests, such as the reactivation of a Anti adventurer weapon that gets 3 adventurers into the dungoen and you by a set of 2 buttons in each chamber decide if you want one of them to die or go mad, the deactivation of the spire, the allegiance for control of the Holy Flame, New Race where Females are the Main battlers (havent checked if the race is playable...), Catacombs, help a sorcerer with a Pain and suffering fixation create a new Guardian (you get to choose body parts...macabre), Get to be a Inquisitor and have your assistance torture people to get the truth, reveal the conspiracy, Kill the Duke or duchess to take their place, either by Poison or by cuting out the heart.

that is about as far as i have goten in game.

as for conversations with the npc's they arent really so vibrant as would have wished for, at least from my view, the world is rather medium about 10-15% of the Oblivion map i think.
Right now im thinking of what to do tomorrow, collecting amber for the smith to make me some issues of armor and weapons and lock for those scriptures with schematics for the magical items the smith can make for you.

Rabble Rabble Rabble ....uhm.... wonder if they have a demo to it, or i could maybe do some ingame movie recording..
You can visit My Website and My Blog by these links.
Wighar
Admin

Postby Requiemourn on Fri Mar 30, 2007 9:22 pm

Wighar wrote:Get to be a Inquisitor and have your assistance torture people

Okay, now You've got me seriously intrigued :D. Of course, the other bits sound nice too ;). Now I'm starting to regret that I didn't really get around to finishing vanilla Oblivion to be ready for the expansion :(.
Asinus ad lyram.

Requiemourn

Previous

Return to RPG / Adventure