The Witcher. A mature RPG.

Re: The Witcher. A mature RPG.

Postby Mythinite on Tue Nov 20, 2007 10:10 pm

The Witcher has three camera/control modes.

Two are isometric modes like you describe, the difference between them being camera distance/scrolling/turning. In these modes you pretty much only need the mouse for control. Very Neverwinter Nights or Diablo-like.

The third mode is Over The Shoulder (OTS) which is a mix of typical MMO 3rd person view with FPS control. It uses keyboard driving (default is WASD), mouse turning/attacking and various keyboard shortcuts for weapon/spell/potion selection although you can also use the mouse for these.

Personally I much prefer the OTS mode. I love the up-close-and-personal action and immersion, and the graphics are totally worth it! I honestly can't imagine Geralt's finishing moves being very exciting in either of the isometric modes... :twisted:
--> Insert something phunny here <--
Mythinite
Admin Crew

Postby Mythinite on Thu Feb 14, 2008 8:49 pm

I don't think this review has been posted before. For your pleasure!
Mythinite
Admin Crew

Postby Proto on Thu Feb 14, 2008 9:18 pm

This guy is hilarious. I almost wet myself during that. :o_y:
Proto
PA Layabout
and General Slacker®

Currently playing as:
RIFT
Duram - Destiny - Blightweald EU Defiant
Myrmidia - Tranquility - Blightweald EU Defiant
Cerridwen - Tranquility - Blightweald EU Defiant
Qi - Blightweald EU Defiant
Starcraft 2 - Proto#166
------------------------------------------
Whois Proto?
Proto
Admin

Postby Mythinite on Thu Feb 14, 2008 10:51 pm

Proto wrote:This guy is hilarious. I almost wet myself during that. :o_y:

Amen to that brother! He is really quite good! :D
Mythinite
Admin Crew

Postby velkairiwyth on Mon Mar 03, 2008 2:45 pm

Posting this without reading any other posts at the moment.

Picked this up on friday, and me and kat have been playing it together all weekend. Its a great game :) like an interactive movie of sorts, with a great plotline.

We have been playing on the laptop, without much difficulty (admittedly on easy setting but we only have the touch pad - but it does fine and dandy) even with graphics only at mid-range they look great. load times are a bit slow, but i only got a gig of ram. :p

Anyway, if you have not tried it - go for it. There are some cheesy bits and some of the conversations translate a little funny, but its forgivable!

Oh, and if you speak polish - get the european version. better sex scenes apparently. :p lol.

Oh, edit:

got the last special edition box set in GAME and it has some great stuff with it. The art book is fantastic, the in game music is good and it has an audio cd so im sure thats good too! Not checked the making of dvd yet, but i plan to finish the game first! (just started chapter... 4? there is 5 + a prologue)

EDIT:::

SYSTEM IM RUNNING ON (in case any one is wondering, i see a few posts with these concerns)

the laptop has an X1600 graphics card (i think 256mb card)
1gb ram
Intel T7200 core 2 due processor (2ghz mobile processor)
running 1440*968? resolution with most graphics effects on medium or better

Oh yeah - biggest factor that might mean its playable on this setup - windows XP :p

the game runs fine. Indoors or in dungeons etc it runs very smooth. out in areas with lots of vegitation it slows a bit but is happily playable. the cut-scenes are choppy and not great - but turning settings down improves them.

this laptop is a mid-range gaming laptop produced in November of 2006 - i have seen LAPTOPS with better specs in shops for under £400 now, so you shouldnt have much trouble getting a desktop pc to run this game well :)

::/EDIT
Siggy Wiggy Woo.
velkairiwyth

Previous

Return to RPG / Adventure